Staff

Friday, August 10, 2012

Men's Invitational Update; Teamwork

Meadowbrook received approximately 2 inches of rain on the opening of the Men's Invitational.  Normally this amount would almost close the course to carts at least, but the event will push on as scheduled.  The crew worked through the rain yesterday afternoon to set the course up for saturated conditions.  Low areas of fairways with standing water have been roped off and a white line has been painted from tee to green on each hole, for carts to follow.  The line will take golfers on a safe route that won't damage the course.
There are over 200 golfers that will play 18 holes a day during the Invite.  The rain limits the amount of carts that can go out, which means that caddies become even more essential.  Thanks are due to the staff of the first tee who organizes such things and without communication between the two departments (first tee and grounds), today's event would not be possible.  Also of note, the culinary department and pro shop were effected by the adverse conditions as well.  New pin placements were needed for greens with soft areas and the kitchen staff had to scramble to accomodate the mass amount of people in the clubhouse.  As always, communication is KEY, and each department deserves recognition for a job well done. 
We hope that members and guest alike enjoy the course and respect the traffic barriers that are in place.  Crossing your fingers for no more precipitation would be appreciated as well.  Enjoy.

5 comments:

  1. The teamwork at MCC pushes the entire facility to the elite of the elite. Well done Mike and crew. Good luck this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Articles and content in this section of the website are really amazing. Great ideas indeed! I will surely keep this in my mind!

    Kitchen Remodeling VA & Room Additions Fairfax VA

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great blog, usually I don't post comments on blogs, but I would like to say that this post really forced me to do so!

    Tree and Shrub Pruning OR West Linn & Snow Removal Service in Portland

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just want to say your article is striking. The clearness in your post is simply spectacular and i can take for granted you are an expert on this field. Well with your permission allow me to grab your rss feed to keep up to date with forthcoming post. Thanks a million and please keep up the effective work.

    Tree Removal Service Carol Stream,IL & Tree Services in Elk Grove Village,IL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you accept guest posts? I would love to write couple articles here. I was wondering what is up with that weird gravatar??? I know 5am is early and I'm not looking my best at that hour, but I hope I don't look like this! I might however make that face if I'm asked to do 100 pushups. Lol

    Roof Installation Services in Philadelphia,PA & Roofing Contractors in Philadelphia

    ReplyDelete